Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Crepes

1 cup flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup milk
2 eggs
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

I usually just blend everything up in the blender and then pour the batter into a buttered fry pan to make my crepes.

Favorite toppings
nutella
nutella + berries
cinnamon apples
Lemon juice and honey
brown sugar
French bananas (see recipe below)
eggs and cheese
ham and cheese
mushrroms and swiss

French Bananas
1/4 c butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 -1/2 cup milk or light cream
5-6 bananas, sliced
Melt butter and brown sugar, add in spices and milk and blend well.  Add in sliced bananas and simmer on low heat for several minutes.

I love how thin crepes are.  I need to keep experimenting with savory and veggie filings.

No comments:

Post a Comment