1 3/4 c flour
2 c sugar
3/4 c cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 c coffee
1 c buttermilk
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 2 9inch round pans.
2. Stir sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add eggs buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 min
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
8 - 9 oz chocolate chips
1 cup whipping cream. Heat cream till bubbles form on sides of pan. Turn off heat and then dump in chocolate Chips. Stir till melted. The longer the ganache cools the thicker it becomes.
This is the Chocolate cake that my mom used to make when I was a little girl. It is the best chocolate cake ever!! The Chocolate Gancahe frosting is almost overkill. I have made this cake now twice for Keanon's birthdays. This year I also topped it with chocolate dipped strawberries, which is one of Keanon's Favorites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment